Catching Up

I tell myself constantly that I'll eventually keep up with the blog,  but somehow life keeps getting in the way. I promise I've been knitting and  I'm hoping to spend the next few days catching up and sharing some of what I've been working on. 

I don't necessarily love cowls, but I think I could.  They're quick projects and seem pretty ideal for Oklahoma winters.  I knit my first ever early this year, and now I've made a few more. It's just now getting cool here, so I'm interested to see how they work out. 


 Cross Stitch Cowl by Laura Chau

Cast On: 9/4/21

Cast off: 9/6/21

Yarn/usage: Mrs. Crosby Steamer Trunk in Scarlet Ibis. 281 yds (1.71 skeins)

Notes: I mostly knit this  to meet some Yarnathon goals. It turned out to be a simple,  easy to memorize repeat and was the perfect project to work on by the lake, drinking beer over Labor Day. 



Lush Brioche Cowl by Cassondra Rizzardi

Cast On: 11/6/21

Cast off: 11/11/21

Yarn/usage: Malabrigo Mecha in Polar Morn (103 yds) and Aniversario (107 yds)

Notes: Another project that probably would not have happened without the Yarnathon. I had a few badges I wanted to earn and this was a great, quick project. I love Mecha, and bulky yarn makes projects fly off the needles. The colors are so much more vibrant than I've been able to capture in pictures.  It's gorgeous. And super squishy. I had only done one brioche project before, and this reconfirmed my love of the technique. I'm looking forward to trying some more complicated patterns soon. 


See  you soon for some more updates and I'm personally really looking forward to a year-end recap and a new approach for the new year, since this year has pretty much suddenly disappeared. 


xo uhlisssa




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year in Review

FO Alert: Socks

FO Alert: GAP-tastic Cowl