FO Alert: Dimbala


 Dimbala by Laura Chau

Cast On: 7/3/21

Cast off: 8/27/21

Yarn/usage: Dream in Color Classy in Velvet Port. 1071 yds (4.28 skeins)

Notes: My first sweater in a very long time. I loved the yarn, and enjoyed how quick it felt compared to my usual lighter weight projects. There were a few spots in the pattern that weren't immaculately clear, but overall, I found it very well written. I learned I'm not very good at picking up stitches (for the buttonband and collar) and that sewing in sleeves is not my favorite activity. I lengthened the body by three inches, and shorted the sleeves by about three as well. My gauge was a little off, so I picked the smaller of the two sizes I was considering, and I think the fit turned out perfectly. This sweater had been in my queue for 7 years, but I'm not sure I would have ever made it if it weren't for the Yarnathon 3rd Quarter Craft A Long. I can't wait to wear it, and I'm looking forward to knitting more sweaters.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year in Review

FO Alert: Socks

FO Alert: GAP-tastic Cowl