FO Alert: GAP-tastic Cowl

 

GAP-tastic Cowl by Jen Geigley

Cast on: 8/8/21

Cast off: 8/28/21

Yarn : Malabrigo Mecha in Mostaza. Just about every inch of 3 skeins (384 yds) 

It's kind of a disaster, but it's done. I don't know if I would have ever picked this pattern to knit, but the Yarnathon keeps motivating me to try new and different things. The yarn was more green than the golden color I was hoping for, but otherwise it's dreamy. I always thought the pattern looked more interesting, but just turned out to be 15" of seed stitch. At least the bulky yarn made it go quickly. I managed to twist the cast on and not notice for six inches. Based on the deadline, and my general dislike of the project, I just kept going. It turned out to be some sort of weird mobious, but it wraps around my neck twice and is very soft and squishy. I'm contemplating frogging and re-doing it, but I doubt I'd ever actually re-knit it, so I think it will stay as-is and we'll see if it gets any use this winter.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year in Review

FO Alert: Socks